Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

happy 3 week birthday!

So we made it to week 3 since Stavros was born.  It also marks the first week that I was on my own without my Mom or Dad, it was rough but my brother was nice enough to come over everyday to keep me company and help with the little guy. 
Stavros had a couple of rough days lots of spitting up like whole feedings so we had to take him to the doctor they think he might have an acid reflux problem.  :( So they gave us medication and we have to give it to him 3 times a day.  We will see if it helps.  But the good news is that he has gained another 10 ounces.  So we are up to 8lbs 10 ounces.  He obviously likes to eat. Just like his parents.

Also his hair is coming in along with his eyebrows and long eyelashes just like his father.  W
We experienced some really fussy days and hours.  Like 2 hours of just screaming. It was pretty rough on me - until John came home. John has been fantastic he even gets up with him at night and gives him feeding so I can have a break -- even though he has to go to work in the AM.  Watching him with Stavros is so amazing. I have never seen such an amazing bond.  What a great father he is! 

Thanks to my great friends recommendations they suggested a DVD called The Happiest Baby on the Block.  There are 5 'S that are recommended or calming a baby.  Okay I don't normally buy into this stuff.  But it totally works and makes a lot of sense.  Only 3 days into it and we have been able to calm Stavros down pretty quickly.  Now there are times we still can't get him to relax but we are getting better ever day and I think Stavros is beginning to trust us more and more. 

He also had his first photo shoot with our friend Melissa....he was having a rough time but I think we still got some great shots.

Stavros also got visits from his honorary aunt and uncle Brian and Kim. If you can believe this just 10 min before they got there he had been crying for about an hour before that.

Also he went downtown to visit a family friend Mariann - he smiled the whole time. :)


Overall things are going well. It has been quite an adjustment --- but when this beautiful boy looks at me with his dark blue eyes -- I fall even more in love with him and can't believe what an incredible miracle he is. 

 Check out our snapfish website for lots more photos.  I have become obsessed!
http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/groups/stavrospolihronis/cobrandOid=1000
the password is april11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brittany! We have that DVD in the L&D unit where I work and have our mom's especially first time moms watch it.
Jennifer James